Re: Problem compiling on WIN32 solved - new proxy issue

From: <Massimiliano_Ziccardi_at_intesa.it>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 16:00:11 +0200

Hi Daniel,
     The attached Makefiles makes libcurl compile with make vc-ssl-dll
     (If you find my changes useful, I can try the other compiling options
too).

     Even if you say curl do not uses winsock anymore, I had to link with
the
     WS2_32.LIB and WINMM.LIB (unresolved externals).

     Moreover, I had to add the $(SSLLIBS) to the LNK declaration in the
release-ssl-dll section
     of the Makefile.

     The problem about curlx_tvdiff, curlx_tvnow, curlx_strtoll still
exists
     in curl 7.12, so I had to add them to tha libcurl.def (thanks Gisle
Vanem!).

     I tried -DWITHOUT_MM_LIB (or /D "WITHOUT_MM_LIB") but it didn't seem
to work.

     Anyway, if you remember, some time ago, I told you about some problems
with
     libcurl and my proxy (IPlanet). I wanted to try to use the newest
libcurl version
     to see if something has changed and I have to admit that something has
changed: the
     problem has changed !

     Did you change the way you handle the cookies? I'll try to explain
what I do:

     My application uses libcurl to perform the following actions:
     Client:
          * Login to the server (a simple multipart post with username and
password)
     Server:
          * Checks the login. If successfull, save the data in the session
and
            return an acknowledge. The session is manteined using a cooky.
     Client:
          * send some data
     Server:
          * Check if a session exists and check if the user is logged in.

     The server is a Java Servlet application on WebSphere Application
Server.

     When I work through the proxy, the server makes me enter (USERNAME/PWD
OK),
     and then, when I try to send the data, says I'm not logged in.

     This do not happen when I connect without the proxy or when I use the
JAVA application.
     This didn't happen with older curl version (with older version I used
to get 'Empty response from server')

     Thank you all in advance,
          Massimiliano

(See attached file: MakefilesForWin.zip)

|--------+--------------------------------->
| | Daniel Stenberg |
| | <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se> |
| | Sent by: |