curl_multi_perform question

From: LucaOgnibene <skaboy81_at_virgilio.it>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 10:37:25 +0000 (UTC)

Hi! I'm using libcurl 7.11.2 from debian unstable. I'm developing an application
using curl-multi interface. I've done something like:
1) Create one easy handle (and set CURLOPT_*)
2) Add CURLOPT_WRITEDATA callback to my handle
3) Add the easy handle to a multi handle

Now i don't understand a think:
my callback is called 0 or 1 time when i call curl_multi_perform or it can be
called a lot of time?
I've tried with a url like file:/// and curl_multi_perform returns only at EOF
and calls a lot of time my callback. With a url like http:// curl_multi_perform
calls my callback one time, then returns.
mmm why? I've not seen anything in the docs..

good hacking
Luca