Re: multipart/related POST with libcurl??

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:31:13 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, Pedro C.G. wrote:

> I want to do multipart POSTS but using the multipart-related content type
> required to build a SOAP client.

... which means that you in fact does not actually make a RFC1867 multipart
post, since it requires the Content-Type: libcurl uses... but let's not get
stuck on formalities.

> It's been 2 years since that post in the mailing list so I was wondering if
> somebody already found a solution for doing this.

The only solution so far is the one I mentioned back then: skip libcurl's
mulitpart code and create the whole multipart chunk yourself and send it with

I would accept patches that would allow the main Content-Type: for multipart
formposts to be changed without having to resort to plain header-replacements,
just because of the reason that the normally supplied header also contains the
boundary string and since that is generated internally it is not easily
replaced by an application.

      Daniel Stenberg -- --
       Dedicated custom curl help for hire: