Using libcurl in Windows

From: Andres Garcia <>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 02:28:43 +0200

I have been trying to compile TclCurl in Windows like I have always
done it, first I compile curl with share libraries disabled and then
I create the TclCurl dll which includes libcurl.

For some reason, I can get it to work with the latest version, the
dll that's created is unusable but I don't get any errors, not even
any significant warnings using -Wall, so I don't have a clue what the
problem may be.

But, if I compile TclCurl to use a libcurl dll then it works.

Before I use 'curl.h' I do:

#if (defined(WIN32) || defined(_WIN32))

to take care of the CURL_EXTERN definition.

Anyone knows what the problem might be?