quick question about share interface

From: Mehmet Fidanboylu <mehmetf_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 17:24:49 -0700

Hi all,

I am thinking of using libCurl for a project, but I have some
requirements so I wanted to survey the capabilities of libCurl for a
bit. I have some questions in this regard.

1. I will be using multiple CURL handles simultaneously and I need a
central context from which to serve data to these handles. As I was
going thru the code, I realized this can be done using the share
interface. However, I believe the share interface is limited to
sharing cookies and DNS caching. I would also like to be able to
share the authentication parameters across handles. I believe the
Curl_share struct is analogous to a context, so is extending the share
interface (and this construct), plus enhancing the code in transfer.c
the right way to go here?

2. I realized that for the authentication schemes (out of which I will
only use BASIC), realm is not a configurable. Is there a reason for
this? I guess this enforces the handles to have one set of
authentication parameters. Is this also an area open to extensions? or
am I missing something here?

Thank you,

- Mehmet.