More AIX autobuilds

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 14:05:22 +0200

I'm restarting some of those AIX 5.1 autobuilds that I had to disable because
of getting messages like these all the time:

ld: 0711-205 SEVERE ERROR: Archive file ../lib/.libs/libcurl.a cannot be
        processed completely. Offset 128, found in the global symbol
        table for symbol .Curl_file_connect, does not match the offset of any member.

Ref. http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2005-03/0134.html

Since then I've had to run the AIX 5.1 builds with --disable-shared, which
worked around the problem.

I have now updated libtool & co. from the latest versions available at
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/aix/freeSoftware/aixtoolbox/RPMS/ppc
and it appears to have removed that problem at least. I suspect it's all
related to libtool.

Previously: Now:
autoconf 2.59 2.59
automake 1.7.9 1.8.5
libtool 1.5 1.5.8

I've only tested one build with the new tools, see the aix build at 10:58
today at http:/curl.haxx.se/auto/ or
http://curl.haxx.se/auto/log.cgi?id=20051006132419-4572
and the same build with the old tools (re-tested today before I upgraded tools)
showed the same ld: problems as shown above, with new tools those went away
(that one wasn't posted though).

However, ten of the tests failed and I'm not sure why - I can't see that
they could be related to the tools update, but then again I don't understand
exactly the cause of the test failures. There are no relevant CVS checkins
in between that build and the two that passed the ftp tests last night.
Oh well, I'll enable a bunch of tests and we'll see what happens tomorrow
I guess.

-Tor