Re: Prevent copying of data between curl buffer and user provided buffer

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 09:48:53 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005, Bharath Devanathan wrote:

> Is there a way I can avoid making this copy?

No.

> Ideally I would like to pass a buffer to libcurl, so that it stores the
> webpage directly in that buffer.

I wouldn't consider that the 'ideal' solution either as that would simply be
too retrictive and require that the app already knows the size of the remote
file or similar.

If there would be such a function (or functionS - plural - since there is an
equivalent case for uploads) I would rather have a way for the app to
repeatedly provide buffer space for the next downloaded chunk to get stored
into, and for each write to the buffer it would call the callback to allow the
application to provide more buffer(s).

You feel up to working on such a feature?