Re: Segment fault when running the ftpget.c sample binary with libcurl and ftpget.c built for arm-linux

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 10:29:25 -0700

On Sun, May 21, 2006 at 06:55:42PM -0700, Ed Waldner wrote:
> I'm trying to see how libcurl works on an Applied Data
> Systems BitsyXb development kit running a PXA-270
> Intel Xscale processor.
[...
> I transfered a.out to my target dev kit and ran it. I
> got a segmentation fault. I modified the ftpget.c to
> include some debug printf statements, but I didn't see
> any of them - only the seg fault.

If your app won't even start, then it's unlikely to be a curl problem. It's
probably a mismatch between compiler switches on your app and the libraries
you're liking against, or using incompatible processor switches. Try getting
a "hello world" program working first before integrating curl. Or, try
statically linking your application to all its libraries to try to narrow
the source of the problem.

>>> Dan