Re: VC8 Makefiles

From: Robert (Bob) A. Monat <>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 15:04:49 -0500

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> Starting now, there should be a set of VC8 Makefiles in the release
> source archives, generated by the maketgz script from the vc6 versions.
> I also modified the root Makefile to have a VC variable that defaults
> to vc6 but can be overridden to allow it to be used for vc8 as well.
> Like this:
> nmake VC=vc8 vc
I probably don't understand how things work. I just did the same CVS
download that the autobuild does. I could not find a Makefile.vc8. Do I
need to do something to generate the file?

In addition to changing the compiler switches, another library needs to
be added (bufferoverflowu.lib) and we need to set the /machine: linker