Re: Problem with files upload

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 16:15:31 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, abaranow_at_interia.pl wrote:

> again I please for help. I use curl-7.16.2 builded with MSVC6 (I use
> cfg=release-ssl and rtlibcfg=static options by nmake command). I use
> openssl-0.9.8e. I wrote simple client application (multi-threads) which
> uploads files to server (Tomcat 5.5). I use easy-interface. After two or
> three days, after errors:

How often does it upload? I mean how many loops does your app do in "two or
three days" ? Can you describe with a bit more details how your app works?

> - 'failed sending data to the peer' (55)
> - 'couldn't connect to server' (7)

It sounds like perhaps a memory or socket leak.

> in my application and errors:

> I notice on computer where my client application is running problems with
> TCP/IP sockets - I can't open new socket or handle socket data. I know that
> because other applications on this computer return errors:

That certainly sounds like a socket leak then. But... *other* applications you
say? How can one application have any effect at all on other applications on
the same machine? That sounds more like a TCP/IP stack problem or something
then, which is in your operating system... ?