In preparation for release #102

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 15:11:03 +0200 (CEST)

Yes, there's always another release to prepare for...

Feature freeze for 7.17.1 is on October 14 (which happens to be the exact same
day I'll take off for visiting China during a week).

Then we only fix bugs until the major known bugs are fixed (it'll take me a
few days just to wade through the mails and possibly fix a bug or two - I get
back home again on the evening October 21).

So hopefully we'll have a release ready around the weekend 27-28 October.

At the moment, my TODO-RELEASE document only contains two items:

  93 - Digest for IIS fix

    This was filed as a bug report with a sort of patch included, but the patch
    wasn't very good and the person who filed the report stopped responding so
    I've closed the report and I have no hopes that this subject will be
    addressed in 7.17.1.

  100 - icc segmentation faults

    This is not a very important issue and basically boils down to if anyone
    who has icc of the affected versions can work further on the problems.
    Me knowingly, that is basically just Tor...

None of these items will hold up the release.

--
   Daniel