javacurl

From: Patrick Monnerat <Patrick.Monnerat_at_datasphere.ch>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 16:37:13 +0100

I know this mail is slightly out of topic in this list and I hope you
will excuse me for posting that.

One of my collegues needs to do FTP + SSL from Java and I directed him
to use curl via the javacurl binding.

It appears this binding has not been maintained (on sourceforge) for
about three years :-( Although advertised on curl.haxx.se, this package
seems dead, thus useless.
We searched alternatives in this (curl-library) list and on the whole
internet, without success.

I know almost nothing about Java (and I have to say I don't like it at
all !), so I can't help more. My collegue knows very few about C and
JNI.

Does any list reader can direct me to some serious java alternative,
with or without libcurl ? What package other java programmers use for
FTP + SSL ?

Thanks in advance.

Patrick

P.S.: Daniel, I would suggest you put an obsolescence note on the
javacurl binding web page, to avoid other java programmers losing their
time...