Problem cross compiling curl

From: Joel Parker <joelparker27_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 11:24:47 -0800 (PST)

I am trying to cross compile libCurl for my gumstix. I made the tool chain the first thing in my
path. I then specify ./configure --host=arm-linux followed by make
the compile dies with the following error :

 Relocations in generic ELF (EM: 3)
.libs/file.o: could not read symbols: File in wrong format
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [libcurl.la] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/gumstix_dev/curl/curl-7.17.1/lib'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/gumstix_dev/curl/curl-7.17.1/lib'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

seems like it is using the wrong ld, (There is a arm-linux-ld located in my toolchain) but I am not really sure any one run into this problem ?

-- Joel Parker

Be a better friend, newshound, and