Re: libcurl import library in your devel package for mingw

From: Guenter Knauf <eflash_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 02:28:10 +0100

Hi Tor,
> I notice you call the import library libcurldll.a, is this
> intentional? The more conventional name would be libcurl.dll.a.
well, my current packages are all hand-crafted, and build with the Makefile.m32 files rather than with autoconf tools;
that explains also why I cant currently ship the lib/pkgconfig/libcurl.pc as you requested in other mail.

> But if you like libcurldll.a better, no big deal...
If libcurl.dll.a is the same as what the autotool builds create then I'm fine with changing that in the *.m32 makefiles if nobody else here on the list objects against.

Its my plan to look again into crossbuilds on a Linux box, but not sure if that will happen before next release.

thanks for your suggestions.

greets, Guenter.