Re: Feature freeze on May 21

From: Tim Tassonis <>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 10:52:06 +0200

Hi Michal

Michal Marek wrote:
> Tim Tassonis wrote:
>> Hi Daniel
>> Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>>> Hey
>>> On May 21st 2008, we stop adding new features and we only fix bugs
>>> during the following 14 days. If things go well we can then release
>>> 7.18.2 at around June 4th.
>>> If want anything included or fixed in the next release, raise your hand
>>> and speak up!
>> What do you think about a new option to store the response directly in a
>> char buffer, as I proposed earler? I posted a possible implementation
>> two days ago and attach it below, I would also rework it if you want
>> something changed. Or do you oppose the idea completely?
> I'm not Daniel, but: implementing this feature doesn't require any
> internal structures or functions of the library, it could as well be
> provided by a separate library, along with other
> utility functions.
> Michal

True, but then again, the same could be said for the following included

curl_formadd() build multipart form-data posts
curl_formfree() free a previously built form POST
curl_slist_append() builds a linked list
curl_slist_free_all() frees a whole curl_slist as made with
curl_slist_append() builds a linked list
curl_easy_escape() URL encodes a string
curl_easy_unescape() URL decodes a string

So, curl already provides some helper not implementing basic
functinality directly in the library.