RE: c++ libcurl: telnet

From: Gary Maxwell <gmaxwell_at_casabi.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 12:04:16 -0700

Julius Morales Reolizo wrote:

> Gary Maxwell wrote:
>
> Feel free to post your application code, then we might be able to
offer
> better assistance.
>
> [App code snipped]

Okay, my previous guesswork was totally wrong. I also neglected to ask
which platform you are running on, whether you are using WinSock or not.

The behavior you are seeing is reproducible when libcurl is built
against WinSock/Win32. This is because inside telnet_do(), the read from
stdin is performed with the Win32 ReadFile() function, which blocks.
This prevents the display of incoming data from the server until the
ReadFile() completes, because telnet_do() handles both input and output
streams.

Can you confirm what your libcurl build environment is, please?

-Gary