Certificate database support in curl

From: Scoped Ptr <>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 13:31:23 -0700

Does cURL supports the direct use of the Berkeley .db used by NSS ?
Openssl works with .pem files whereas Berkeley db files are .db and NSS
assumes to have those for certificates and keys.
How do I specify the location of the database files on the disk and, does
cURL work with .db files directly or there has to be some work done before ?

I see that it first tries to get the SSL_DIR environment variable for the
cert db files and then assumes the location as /etc/pki/nssdb or in worst
case initializes NSS without a cert database. Should this SSL_DIR location
be the location of the cert.db, key.db files ?