Re: Bug in curl multi DONE->COMPLETED state transition?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 00:43:04 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 7 Aug 2008, Josef Drexler wrote:

> I too understand a timeout to be a one-time event. Once the timer event has
> fired and libcurl needs another, libcurl needs to request a new one.

Yes, that's how it works and that's how I view timeouts to function as well!

> Though from the discussion now it seems the timeout should be reset whenever
> it fires, or did I misunderstand it again?

No, when it fires you don't set another timeout by yourself, but you should
pretty soon get a new timeout callback for the next timer.

Of course, in most normal situations the timeouts never fire but instead you
just keep changing the timer when the callbacks update it.