Re: TFTP and the Multi Interface

From: Chad Monroe <>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 01:11:33 -0800

On Dec 29, 2008, at 6:52 PM, Dan Fandrich wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 06:00:35PM -0800, Chad Monroe wrote:
>> Is TFTP supported with the multi interface? curl_multi_perform()
>> blocks
>> for how ever many seconds CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT is set to. Looking
>> at the
>> code I'm guessing no. If this is not a mistake in how I'm using
>> TFTP and
>> support does not exist, how hard do you predict it'd be to add?
> TFTP should work with the multi interface, but yes, it will block for
> the entire transfer. The main problem is in tftp_do, which needs to
> be rewritten to stop looping and use the application's loop instead.
> That
> should actually be a pretty straightforward change, but somebody just
> needs to sit down and do it.
> --
> The web change of address
> service
> Let webmasters know that your web site has moved

Right, this is the behavior I am seeing and it's unacceptable for my
present environment. To test things out with the multi interface I
used FTP and my program remains responsive during the entire transfer
as expected, where as TFTP blocks until completion. I have some other
changes I'm ready to submit back (for option negotiation) very soon.
I'll submit those changes first, then begin looking at this issue.
Thanks for the help!

Chad Monroe