Re: naming convention of targets for Windows platform - why not use VC style?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 22:45:10 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009, Piotr Dobrogost wrote:

> I noticed there are no MD(d), MT(d) suffixes at the end of targets' names
> neither in Makefile.vc* makefiles nor in the VC project file curllib.vcproj.
> Do you avoid this VC naming convention by any purpose?

I think nobody of those who added the targets in the first place was aware of
any such naming convention and then the rest of the targets were added to
following the existing convention.

If you ask me, we need to get something other to fix this windows-build-hell.
Adding 2041 different makefile targets for all sorts of build config
combinations doesn't feel sane. But then there's no "configure"-like standard
tool or so for Windows so I don't really know what this other and better way
would involve! :-/