need help to improve performance

From: Peter Cs!zsek <peter.csizsek_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 15:21:03 +0200

Dear list members,
i need some help with the libcurl.
I am writing a c++ program module for downloading large amount of documents
from the www via HTTP based on libcurl. I wrote a wrapper class for the
libcurl based on an example program, called hiperfifo.c (
http://curl.sourcearchive.com/documentation/7.18.2/hiperfifo_8c-source.html)
.
I read things on the libcurl website about the high performance of the
library, but i realized that the program downloads only about 30-40
documents per second. After this removed all the log messages in the
hiperfifo.c and again the performance was very poor (again about 30-40 docs
per second).
Does anyone know what can be wrong?
Thanks:
Peter