Re: Curl_purform hanging issue persists in 7.19.6 with OS X 10.5.8 intel

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 05:04:33 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 11 Oct 2009, Parimal Das wrote:

> 1. I modified ftpget.c example to use *CURLOPT_HTTPGET*

Is that really needed to trigger this problem of yours? That option has
nothing to do with FTP transfers.

> 3. After it downloaded some portion of that file, i have put my computer in
> sleep for 5 minutes.
> 4. On waking up my computer. The exe/process still runs with Zero CPU usage
> and the stach trace always show the thread in Curl_perform. Its hanging
> there.

And you can see with wireshark or similar that traffic is actually flying over
the network at that point? Or perhaps, in what state is that socket at that
point according to netstat?

> How to fix this problem, any insights.??

Debug it. Figure out the fix. Apply it.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se