How to stop easy_perform in connecting state

From: <centrio_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 06:12:45 +0000

Hi,
I had posted a problem that I was facing "Is it possible to break the
timeout of select call?"
http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2009-10/0019.html
I followed the solution
"
Another option is to let the select() also wait for an additional file
descriptor, for example a pipe that you write to when you want to make
select() trigger.
"

Now I am facing a similar problem in easy_perform. There is no fd's
available here. And I am still in connecting state. Can I stop and come out
of this sync call of easy_perform. The scenario is as follows :
There are two thread, main and thread1.
In Thread1 I am calling easy_perform. and its timeout is 60 sec. Its
waiting for 1 min.
from main thread, I am pressing q on application. So application should
quit immediately. This does not happen since my thread1 is waiting for 1
min.

Please let me know if there is workaround for such problems.

Thanks
Shivanand