SFTP / SCP send resume and preserve file attributes

From: Don Filippo <filippo.corleone_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 12:09:11 +0100

Hi!

I have got few questions. Firstly, I wanted to know is there any possibility
to preserve file attributes (principally creation time and modification
time) when sending file to remote server using SCP or SFTP? Also, I wrote
setup in my application using libcurl to make resume sending. It works OK
for SFTP, but it's not working, when I change protocol in CURLOPT_URL from
sftp:// to scp:// :( Furthermore, I noticed that libcurl behaves strange
with SCP and CURLOPT_APPEND. When CURLOPT_APPEND is set to 0 (owerwrite)
using SFTP, I observed, that size of remote file increases starting from 0
bytes - it looks ok. But when I'm using SCP, size of remote file doesn't
look to "restart" to 0, but at the beginning it has size like it had before
(for example: after previously sending) and after some time it starts to
increase.

I'm using libcurl 7.20 on Windows.

Filip