Re: contributing to curl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 19:13:13 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 3 Oct 2010, Amr Shahin wrote:

> so i'm finally starting lol. i'm planning to use check as a unit testing
> framework, any other recommendations ?

My first recommendation is to learn the etiquette on this mailing list: we
don't top-post here! http://curl.haxx.se/mail/etiquette.html

On the subject of "unit testing framework", I'm not convinced we need to
introduce any new dependency as we already have an extensive test suite and we
even do limited unit testing in there already.

My gut feeling says that it is less work to make the existing test suite
better at doing unit testing than it is to incorporate support for a new
framework into the existing test suite.