successfully set certificate verify locations

From: E/N Olano <everao_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 12:01:03 -0800 (PST)

Hi there, We are using 7.12.0.  I know it's an old version but we've had it for a while and we don't actively maintain this particular client anymore. It's actually been okay but a certain user is experiencing delays and we found that the delay is happening between the entries: Connected to: <whatever server they're connecting to here...> and successfully set certificate verify locations in the verbose log. On their dev environment, it takes about 4 to 5 seconds.  In production, they say it takes around 30 seconds.  They actually haven't confirmed that the delay in production is happening in that same place but the fact that it takes 4 to 5 seconds on dev is a concern in itself. What is happening between those two log entries?  What could be causing the delay? Thanks in advance for any help. Ever