Re: curl unit testing

From: Kamil Dudka <kdudka_at_redhat.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 10:19:55 +0100

On Saturday 01 January 2011 20:30:23 Dan Fandrich wrote:
> Looks fine to me. You'll need to generalize the kind of mechanism already
> used in unit tests 558 and 577 to skip the tests when
> --enable-hidden-symbols has been used. Maybe by making on a "feature" as
> in

I think, and have already said so [1], that tests should not be skipped unless
really necessary. In case of unit tests, it's much better to link directly
the modules being tested than going through whole libcurl and then have to
skip all unit tests with --enable-hidden-symbols for nothing.

Kamil

[1] http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.curl.library/28007