Re: No surprise github pull requests please

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 08:27:55 +0200

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 20:36, Julien Chaffraix
<julien.chaffraix_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Just for the record, I think github sends the pull requests to all
> committers on the repo [,,]

That's correct (I get them too).

> [..] which is still sub-optimal. It may be possible
> to relay the pull request to the libcURL mailing list though [1] but
> the person sending the pull request would miss the discussion if he is
> not registered.

Indeed. Not optimal.
The Github pull-request system apparently tries to support those
projects where the problem is to get any input at all from anyone else
than the (possibly single) main developer, and that doesn't fit an
active project like libcurl, or any other project where it's feasible
to have people discussing and eyeballing patches / changes before they
get commited.

-Tor