Re: Pre-built libraries for Windows

From: Jonathon <thejunkjon_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 10:40:23 -0700

Hi Vincent,

I used the provided libraries, and I am having a difficult time
linking them. After building my project, and specifying the libraries
in the linker, I am getting unresolved external symbols for:

__imp__curl_easy_cleanup
__imp__curl_slist_free_all
__imp__curl_easy_perform
__imp__curl_easy_setopt
__imp__curl_slist_append
__imp__curl_easy_init

I've dumped the symbols in the binaries you've given me using
DUMPBIN.exe /SYMBOLS curllib_static.lib and I see the following
symbols defined.

_curl_easy_cleanup
_curl_slist_free_all
_curl_easy_perform
_curl_easy_setopt
_curl_slist_append
_curl_easy_init

It looks like the symbols are being created using a different name
i.e. without the "__imp_". Do you happen to know why this would be
the case?

Thanks,