Re: libcurl win32 package - image download corrupted

From: Tetetest <tetetest_at_rambler.ru>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 22:26:07 +0400

Hello Opel,

OF> Here's the code for grabbing the image:

... skipped ...

OF>     FILE* outputfile = fopen(filename,"w");

You are opening the output file without specifying if it is a text
file or a binary one. On OSX (and UNIX) this makes no difference, but
on Windows, text files are different from binary ones.

OF> I compared an
OF> image with its corrupted version and it seems that there are
OF> single bytes missing in between, or are flipped - I can't make
OF> sense out of it, but for an aproximately 80kB image, I had 6 bytes
OF> missing in the entire bytestream and that caused the mess.

This looks pretty much like you were writing to the file opened in
text mode.

OF> Can somebody check this? I suspect that it is a bug somewhere in
OF> the libcurl code, since the same stuff works great on OSX.

Try opening the output file specifically in binary mode:

FILE* outputfile = fopen(filename,"wb");

--
Best regards,
 Tetetest                            mailto:tetetest_at_rambler.ru