Re: The FTP problem that turns out to be SFTP

From: Michael Wood <esiotrot_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 08:59:30 +0200

On 8 January 2012 02:48, Michael Lam <Michael.Lam_at_silkroad.com> wrote:
>> Therefore I can only suggest that you make some tests yourself with a
>> simple batchfile like this:
>
>> curl -s -k -v -u myusername: --key C:\temp2\keys\id_rsa --pubkey
>> C:\temp2\keys\id_rsa.pub -T c:\temp2\test4.txt
>> sftp://serveraddress/wrongdir/
>> @echo Errorlevel: %ERRORLEVEL%
>
>> to make sure the issue is not with your app code.
>
> Guenter, not sure if the command line parameters you wanted me to add actually works:
>
> 1) The first one is to a folder which I have no access permission
>
> C:\Users\mlam>curl -S -k -v -u mlam: --key C:\temp2\keys\id_rsa --pubkey C:\temp2\keys\id_rsa.pub -T c:\temp2\test4.txt sftp://sfcadevftp01/sftp_file_drop --insecure @echo Errorlevel: %ERROR

The "@echo Errorlevel..." part is a separate command, not a curl
parameter. i.e. you should create a batch file with the curl command,
and on the next line in the batch file you should have the echo
command. Then run the batch file and it should print out the exit
status/errorlevel.

[...]
> * Could not resolve host: echo; Host not found
> * Closing connection #1
> curl: (6) Could not resolve host: echo; Host not found
> * Could not resolve host: Errorlevel; Host not found
> * Closing connection #1
> curl: (6) Could not resolve host: Errorlevel; Host not found
> * Could not resolve host: 6; Host not found
> * Closing connection #1
> curl: (6) Could not resolve host: 6; Host not found
> * Closing connection #0
[...]

curl thought the extra parameters were more URLs or something.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot_at_gmail.com>