Re: Is there anyone building with cmake?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 11:48:46 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012, Guenter wrote:

> Am 20.03.2012 20:35, schrieb Yang Tse:

>> copy /Y src\hugehelp.c.cvs src\hugehelp.c
>> copy /Y Makefile.dist Makefile
>> copy /Y include\curl\curlbuild.h.dist include\curl\curlbuild.h
>> copy /Y lib\config-win32.h src\config-win32.h

> I think we should axe that batch file, and implement the copy procedure
> within the Windows makefiles - AFAIK all Windows-related build systems are
> able to do that with few rules in the makefiles; for the project files it
> might be a little bit trickier, but its possible I believe ...

That sounds like a good idea indeed, but we need to make sure it doesn't mess
up the build when built with the source from a release tarball.

The second command line which copies Makefile.dist to Makefile might be the
one that's hardest to address for the simple reason that there is no Makefile
in the root directory until that is done.