Re: Building libcurl with Borland BCC5.5 compiler

From: Jon Torrey <ntox101_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 09:08:51 -0400

I have followed yours and Daniel's advice further and have edited lines 145
by adding :

$(OBJDIR):
        @-$(RMDIR) $(OBJDIR)
        @-$(MKDIR) $(OBJDIR)
        @-$(MKDIR) $(OBJDIR)/vtls

*>> Do you know where openssl.obj, gtls.obj, vtls.obj etc... are being
created?*

Prior to these changes and after the changes, all .obj, even openssl.obj
and .objs associated with \lib\vtls are all created and placed inside
\lib\BCC_obj *without* subdirectory \vtls. \vtls gets created but no .objs
are placed inside of it.

*>> I would hope they are in .\BCC_obj\vtl\* or .\BCC_obj\* but I don’t
think either that is happening... or if it is, the path that we are
passing to the linker isn't the correct path as it contains a forward
slashes and not backslashes!!*

I tried using both types of slashes (just in case), results did not change.
 We do however need to use @-$(MKDIR) $(OBJDIR)\vtls to have the make
process create the vtls subdirectory inside BCC_obj. It needed a backslash.

With changes to line 145 AND 97 I restarted the build and got this output :
(Last line of BCC included for reference)

        bcc32 -q -c -5 -O2 -tWM -w -w-aus -w-ccc -w-dup -w-prc -w-pro
-w-rch -w-
sig -w-spa -w-inl -w-pia -w-pin -Dinline=__inline -o.\BCC_objs\gskit.obj
.\BCC_o
bjs\gskit.int
.\BCC_objs\gskit.int:
        tlib /C /P32 libcurl.lib @MAKE0000.@@@
TLIB 4.5 Copyright (c) 1987, 1999 Inprise Corporation
+./file.obj &
Warning: unknown command line switch 'f' ignored

Error: unexpected char 'i' in command line

** error 1 ** deleting libcurl.lib

** error 1 ** deleting borland

Hence the first line, +./file.obj & is executed by TLIB and crashes. After
removing changes made to 97 and reverting back to

NOHYPHEN = $(CSOURCES:-=_)

I get the following output which is the same output stated in my previous
response :

+vtls/openssl.obj &
Warning: unknown command line switch 'o' ignored

Error: unexpected char 'p' in command line

** error 1 ** deleting libcurl.lib

** error 1 ** deleting borland

   - The problem I think is that TLIB is looking inside BCC)obj/vtls but
   there is nothing inside of it, it is empty. However, openssl.obj is inside
   /BCC_obj.