Curl with Windows 2003 Server

From: Frank Costa <>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 16:19:13 -0700

Hi all,

I'm trying to get curl to work successfully on Windows 2003 and I'm
wondering if perhaps someone else has encountered a problem similar to

I can get the app installed

C:\curl>curl --version

curl 7.10.7 (win32) libcurl/7.10.7 OpenSSL/0.9.7a zlib/1.1.4

Protocols: ftp gopher telnet dict ldap http file https ftps

Features: SSL libz NTLM

And everything appears normal, however when I attempt to make a
connection say for example:

Curl -I " <> "

I receive a "Couldn't resolve host" error. This makes me think there is
a network issue occurring but then I have no problem accessing via the
browser. In any case, it appears to be a security setting that perhaps
I need to enable so I'm wondering if anyone is aware of what that
setting may be??

This email sponsored by: Enterprise Linux Forum Conference & Expo
The Event For Linux Datacenter Solutions & Strategies in The Enterprise
Linux in the Boardroom; in the Front Office; & in the Server Room