curl-users Mailing List Archives

Extra character in a downloaded file

From: Hoog, Carl <Carl.Hoog_at_maritz.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 11:08:07 -0500

I'm a new CURL user. I've been able to connect to an https server and download a file successfully to my UNIX box. My problem is that each line in the file has a ^M character at the end. What causes this extra character? Can I download differently so that I don't get it or will I need to strip it off after I have the file?

Thanks for any help.

Carl

Confidentiality Warning: This e-mail contains information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, any dissemination, publication or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. The sender does not accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system that may occur while using data contained in, or transmitted with, this e-mail. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify us by return e-mail. Thank you.