curl-users

Re: Can't connect to DynDNS servers with curl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 09:28:52 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004, Christian Biere wrote:

> So I guess they've changed their certificates some days ago using a CA that
> is not listed in the default CA bundle. However, I have no problem
> connecting to it using wget or Mozilla. Do those simply not perform one
> check or another or why does only curl have a problem?

wget doesn't verify the server (AFAIK), Mozilla uses its own set of CA certs.
You can get and use the Mozilla ones here:
http://curl.haxx.se/docs/caextract.html

The ones we ship in the curl releases are somewhat old and comes from a modssl
release from a few years back, if I recall correctly.

> curl 7.9.5 doesn't seem to have this problem.

curl didn't verify the server by default back then. That is the equivalent of
using curl -k today.