curl-users

Re: Unicode characters not shown correctly

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 09:07:22 +0200

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 05:06:10PM -0700, Zayl Linel wrote:
> thank you for having taking time to respond to my question. I have a solution
> that must work. I can save my unicode text into a file called myfile.txt. Now I
> want to send that file as attachement with the message. I have tried the code
> below, so when I receive the email, I can see the attachement link but when I
> click on it, but the content is the message body itself and not the file I want
> to send. I am certain I am messing a curl function that send attachement but I
> have no idea how.

libcurl will send any message body you want, but it's the application's
responsibility to format that message body in the desired way. libcurl
has some support for MIME-style attachments as used within HTTP, but I
don't believe it is usable for SMTP. In this case, you will want to
refer to RFC2045 and format the message body appropriately before
sending it with libcurl.

>>> Dan