curl-users

Re: Bug in metalink build (fwd)

From: Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa <tatsuhiro.t_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 22:40:49 +0900

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 10:22 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Aug 2012, Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa wrote:
>
>>> When building curl 7.27.0 on Mac OS X and metalink enabled, linking the
>>> curl
>>> tool failed with unresolved symbol errors. When using metalink, curl
>>> needs
>>> to link to a crypto library to access the hash functions but doesn't when
>>> linking. As a quick hack, I added -lcrypto
>>

>> This may be related: http://curl.haxx.se/mail/archive-2012-08/0002.html
>>
>> What is the link command-line when you got unresolved symbol errors?
>

> I don't think it is related. The problem is rather that the metalink code in
> curl now wrongly assumes OpenSSL or gcrypt to be present in the build and if
> neither is there the build will fail.

You are right.

> I'm not sure what the best fix for this is...

The one possible fix is that provide default hash check functions for
non-OpenSSL/GNUTLS/darwin-ssl using SHA1/256 implementations Guenter
described in
[1]. If you agree with this solution, I'll write a patch.

[1] http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2012-07/0290.html

Best regards,

Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa