curl-and-php

Re: Posting to HTTPS pages

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 14:14:26 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 16 May 2002, Martin Arwin wrote:

> My problem is that I don't have control over the installation of PHP and
> curl since I am merely using a hosting service for my script.
>
> Can I make a whole new PHP and curl installation on my account of the host?

I suppose so, if you can fire up an apache on a custom port.

> Or is there some other way I can make it work?

If it doesn't work when installed, I re-installation trying to get things
right is probably the only sane thing to do.

As you might've seen in this mailing list, that isn't always successful...

> Thankful for any ideas comments!

Another work-around would be to install the command line tool locally and
just run that from within your PHP script.