curl-and-php

Re: recompling php to support curl?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 15:36:14 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Shawn Parker wrote:

> i'm sure this has been asked before, and i tried to drill down through the
> archives of the list...but i decided to ask; is there a tutorial, document,
> howto, etc on how best to recompile php to support curl?

It has been asked before, yes.

Building PHP is more of a PHP issue. I'd recommend checking out these web
pages:

  http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/php/
  http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/php/install.html
  http://www.php.net/manual/ref.curl.php

> i have a php script that errors on "curl_init" and i need to recompile php
> on my server to support it.

It certainly sounds like that, yes.

> a site or doc on how to go about this without causing too much disarray on
> my server would be nice.

If you're building from source, build curl first and install it, then build
PHP and use the proper configure option to point out the curl dir and voila,
its there! ;-)

(I'm not a PHP hacker.)