curl-and-php

Re: XML request converted to lowercase

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 17:02:21 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004, Steve Yeazel wrote:

> I had him send an identical request via the command line:
> curl -d @test.xml https://www.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Track
>
> test.xml obviously contained the request and he claims he got a valid
> response back.

And you say that then you use that command line, the xml arrives lowercased?

> could a bad libcurl make have anything to do with it?

No. libcurl has never done this and will never do. It doesn't interfere with
the data, it simply delivers whatever you tell it to deliver. As is.

> I've been suggesting anything I can to him b/c I am totally stumped. what
> else could be causing the lowercasing?

The receiver! You can easily verify this by sending that same request to a
test server of yours (possibly setup with netcat and stunnel) to simply
display the raw data.

Again, I am 100% sure of that this is not done by libcurl.