curl-and-php

Re: XML request converted to lowercase

From: Steve Yeazel <syeazel_at_frigidfluidco.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:13:02 -0600

At 10:02 AM 2/27/2004, you wrote:
>On Fri, 27 Feb 2004, Steve Yeazel wrote:
>
> > I had him send an identical request via the command line:
> > curl -d @test.xml https://www.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Track
> >
> > test.xml obviously contained the request and he claims he got a valid
> > response back.
>
>And you say that then you use that command line, the xml arrives lowercased?

No, see below...

> Daniel Stenberg -- http://curl.haxx.se/ -- http://daniel.haxx.se/
> [[ Do not send mails to this email address. They won't reach me. ]]

It isn't the xml that is arriving that is a problem but rather the xml that
is being sent to ups. When the user echo's the Request it shows in the
browser source as lowercase. I'm assuming that this does not happen when
the command line is used since he gets a valid response back from ups based
on that Request...