curl-and-php

Operation timed out, error #28

From: kirk tatusko <tatusko_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 11:08:21 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I've just started using the php curl functions. My
hosting service just installed curl 7.10.4 for me
(they were running 7.9.5), and they are running php
4.3.3 on an apache / linux server.

I've tried several examples that I have found on the
web for testing curl functionality and get a time out
error #28 with all of them. Here's an example of some
test code:

$url = "http://www.zend.com";
$ch = curl_init();
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL,$url);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FAILONERROR, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER,1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 5);
$result = curl_exec($ch);
echo $result;

    print_r(curl_getinfo($ch));
    echo '<br>errno:'.curl_errno($ch);
    echo '<br>error:'.curl_error($ch);
    echo '<br>'.$buffer;
    echo '<br>ver:'.curl_version ();

curl_close($ch);

Changing the curlopt_timeout parameter to a high
number of seconds still results in a timeout.

Any thoughts? Is this a code problem or possibly a
php/curl environment problem? Should php have been
recompiled after the new version of curl was
installed?