curl-and-php

curl and curl_multi

From: Jojo Jojoson <jojo1313jojo1313_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 21:26:32 +0000

I'm rather new to this whole curl thing so I was wondering what I should do
in the following situation:

I need to write a code that visits multiple pages (over 100 and the number
of them is dynamic) at the same base url and extracts info from them.

I of course want to make the code as efficient as possible so I was
wondering which was faster:

1. Looping over all the urls and initializing a session, getting content and
closing the session in every single loop.

2. Use curl_multi stuff. I'm not entirely sure how to use that although I
assume that the example shown over at php.net
(http://is2.php.net/manual/en/function.curl-multi-exec.php) is pretty good.