curl-and-php

Re: curl and curl_multi

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 09:42:24 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006, Jojo Jojoson wrote:

> 1. Looping over all the urls and initializing a session, getting content and
> closing the session in every single loop.

That is never smart. You should re-use the handles as much as possible.

> 2. Use curl_multi stuff. I'm not entirely sure how to use that although I
> assume that the example shown over at php.net
> (http://is2.php.net/manual/en/function.curl-multi-exec.php) is pretty good.

AFAIK, the last time I looked the PHP binding were not complete for the multi
interface. Either way, the multi interface is for doing simultanoues transfers
of many files and if you're getting them from the same server I would advice
against using the multi interface.