Re: Resuming on persistent connection

From: Puneet Pawaia <>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 12:06:28 +0530

I downloaded the files from the CVS and compiled the new lib.

I have tested it with the persistent connections downloading in a loop with
the first file being resumed from the middle. The problem mentioned in the
earlier messages is not observed now.

Therefore, I believe that the issue has been resolved.

At 01:00 PM 18/04/01, you wrote:
>On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Puneet Pawaia wrote:
> > >Are you doing the downloads using the same libcurl handle and you're not
> > >using a proxy? Then you've hit a bug in 7.7 and should upgrade to 7.7.1...
> >
> > Actually, the loop is intentional. I was trying to give an idea of what I
> > am trying to do, which is download files till none are left. So I don't
> > think there is any problem there.
>Well, libcurl 7.7 had a problem with persistant connections and you may
>experience that. This resume problem we're discussing is separate from that
>one though.
> > >This is a bug. I can see it in the code right now... I'll have to work on
> > >this, I'll get back with a patch later.
> >
> > I will keep an eye out for the patch.
>It turned out 21K and is available from
> . I don't know if you can apply
>this seemlessly onto 7.7.
>I've committed the changes to CVS.
>Of course I'd be happy to get feedback on how this changes things.
> Daniel Stenberg -- curl project maintainer --
>Curl-library mailing list

Curl-library mailing list