From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 17:16:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Diana Castillo wrote:

(Please stop mailing the same question repeatedly on multiple lists.)

> I have windows 2000, I have an old version of curl installed and I need to
> install the latest CURL but I cant figure out how to I need an easily
> installable program for windows, I cant find it here

Let's not mix terms.

1. curl is the command line tool

2. libcurl is the library for transfers (and this mailing list is for libcurl)

3. PHP/CURL is the module for PHP they like to call CURL. There's a separate
    mailing list setup for questions and discussions about that. Please use

I believe you're talking about (3) PHP/CURL, and the curl site does not offer
any downloads of that. It offers only downloads of (1) and a few packages of

The (3) PHP/CURL package is what we call a libcurl binding and is provided by
a 3rd party: the PHP team.

Yes, I consider it very unfortunate that they call the libcurl binding for PHP
the same thing as the project and the command line tool.

      Daniel Stenberg -- --
       Dedicated custom curl help for hire: