Re: SIGSERV with --enable-ares

From: VOROSKOI Andras <voroskoi_at_frugalware.org>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 00:41:47 +0100

On Sat, Mar 03, 2007 at 09:47:58PM +0100, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Mar 2007, VOROSKOI Andras wrote:

> Sure, GOOD_EASY_HANDLE() could be modified to check for NULL as well
> but we cannot ever protect libcurl from when garbage is passed in.

OK. I see.

> Why not start with figuring out why rtorrent passes a NULL to the add handle
> function? It certainly proves that rtorrent is not behaving nicely. It
> shouldn't do it and it should probably already have bailed out earlier when
> a libcurl function returned NULL (or similar).

I've done so and i found the following:

m_handle = curl_easy_init();

I've added

if (m_handle == NULL)
  throw torrent::internal_error("Calling curl_easy_init() returned NULL.");

And now it stops at this point, so you were right. Now i should find out why does
it return with NULL, but i'll ask the rtorrent author :)
Thanks for your help!

--
voroskoi