Re: libcurl autobuilds: configure whoes when metalink is enabled

From: Guenter <>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 15:18:32 +0100

Hi Yang,
> There are some variables in configure script intended to be used as
> variables with local scope for some library tests that mistakenly are
> not being cleared before the test runs and may carry values from
> previous tests that may have used them.
> This is fixed now in git. Verify if this is the only problem behind
> your failing results.
no it wasnt, the build with metalink enabled still failed:

but I examined a bit further, and found that I did originally build
libssh2 with both shared and static, and therefore there were the .so
libs mentioned in; after I manually edited the
file and removed the shared libs there the build now succeeds:

though it puzzles me why this issue only occured when metalink was
enabled and not with the other builds ...

anyway libtool is always a puzzle to me and good for suprises :-P

thanks for looking into it!

List admin: