curl-users

Re: cURL 6.5.2 AmigaOS

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel.stenberg_at_netinsight.se>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 07:52:18 +0200

Thomas Hurst wrote:

> After finally sorting out my GG install, I just compiled cURL from the
> standard tarball - just involved fixing host detection (--host=amiga in
> ./configure) and typing "make".

Neato. You have any idea why the host detection failed? Do you have any package
that succeeds? In that case I'd be glad to have a look at the config.guess that
works, and I think I'll be able to make the curl configure script automatically
detect Amiga as well.

> The problem that was in 6.2 with dropped connections resulting in a load of
> NULL bytes being output seems to have been fixed, although I'll have to do
> some more work to confirm this.

The CHANGES file notes that supposed fix for 6.3.1 and even if the download
function has been rewritten since, I believe that bug won't occur again.

> I'll post it in my webspace asap, and maybe prepare for an Aminet release
> for wider distribution.

Please do!

--
 Daniel Stenberg, Software Developer